To give some more input: the error occours when the data is manipulated in an
itemrenderer of an advanced datagrid which displays items of an filtered
ArrayCollection.

But what confuses me is, that the constant is null via it is passed, not the
object.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "florian.salihovic" <florian.saliho...@...>
wrote:

> I'm more then confused! I declare in a class some string constants:
>
> // MyConstants.as
> package {
> public class MyConstants {
> public static const My_CONST:String = "myConst";
> }
> }
>
> In one of my classes i declare a setter, which makes sure only allowed values
> can be
> processed, otherwise the class will throw an error.
>
> // MyClass.as
> package {
> public class MyClass {
> public function set property(value:String):void
> if (value != MyConstants.My_CONST)
> throw new Error("Ivnalid value passed: " + value);
> }
> }
>
> Now it turns out, that sometimes - in a nondeterministic behaviour - null is
> passed
> allthough i pass the constant. How can this be? It can't be a race condition
> since the
fields