> Can I set it dynamically without the need to set
> columnName:columnValue statically?

Sorry i'm a bit unclear. Another suggestion ...

You want to create DatgridColumns based on whats in the DataProvider.

If your dataProvider Array is something like the following

var myArray:Array =
[{parent:'root1',col1:100,date:myObject[0],col2:33},
 {parent:'root1',col1:5,date:myObject[1],col2:21},
 {parent:'root2',col1:11,date:myObject[2],col2:5}];

then why not do something like this
var row:Object = myArray[0];

for(var obj1:Object in row)
{
  var col:DataGridColumn = new DataGridColumn();
  col.dataField = obj1;
}

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "yossi.baram" <yossi.ba...@...>
wrote:

> Thanks man,
>
> I am doing something like you mensioned for columns,
> my problem is the dataprovider itself that I set to the DataGrid.
> Can I set it dynamically without the need to set
> columnName:columnValue statically?
> To be clear :)
> My current dataprovider is set accornigly in an Array:
> {parent:'root1',col1:100,date:myObject[0],col2:33},
> {parent:'root1',col1:5,date:myObject[1],col2:21},
> {parent:'root2',col1:11,date:myObject[2],col2:5}
>

> I need to build it dymanically because the column names(the ones
> before the semicolon) can be different and as I said I get them and
> the values(objects) from Arrays.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Jo
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "bhaq1972" <mbhaque@> wrote:
> >
> > If you want to add columns dynamically, you need something like
this

> > var colNum:int=5
> > for(var i:int=0;i<colNum;i++)
> > {
> >   var col:DataGridColumn = new DataGridColumn();
> >   col.dataField = "some value1";
> >   col.headerText = "some value2";
> >
> >   myDataGrid.columns.push(col);
> > }
> > you'd then generate your dataProvider (could be an
ArrayCollection,