I wonder why there aren't cross-platform open source alternatives for
Flex Builder. Maybe it is usable enough (just) that people aren't
interested? There were a project a while back that tried to implement
an IDE for Flex using Flex itself - that could be quite interesting,
and when combined with AIR and merapi it could be an alternative.
Thinking about it though, it feels like trying to shove a square peg
into a round hole, but so was a lot of the web 2.0 stuff back in the
day :)

I'm currently evaluating FlashDevelop and Tofino (both Windows only)
for my next project - one thing's for sure, both start a hell of a lot
faster than FB.

Sam
P.S. lol at the abbreviation expansions - made my day.