From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of markgoldin_2000
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:12 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Looking for a design pattern

I am working on an application which purpose is to track a task time.
Users are checking in and out of tasks by scanning their badges.
Scanning stations are installed around a shop. Currently I have 5
stations. I would want to have all these stations showing identical
data. For that I have a mechanism of syncing all stations at the time
when a user scan his ID or enters a task to work on. Another words, any
change on one station is triggering data refresh on all stations.
Everything works fine, but with one problem. In the morning when
scanning is the most extensive, there is a situation when a user scans
his ID and at the same time another user scans on another station. This
collision would change DataGrid's higjlighted record to a record of the
second user and first user would be entering his task into a wrong
record. What would be a design pattern of managing such solution?
Any idea is very welcome.

Thanks, Mark