Umm what "test" website do I "hit" and how to verify???

If you mean the player webspage that says "you have version xxxx installed"
etc. then yes I did and it said I had 10.xxx correctly installed...

Actually the application runs perfectly fine and it says player 10 in the About
box etc. its just it wont connect to the debugger at all thats the only
problem. I even created a new empty project, I also tried deleting mm.cfg,
anyhting I could think off all to no effect.

I couldn't wait any longer and so I did a system restore on Vista back to 24hrs
ago and that fixed it and debugging works again.

So now debugging works, well at least 50% of the time that is, the rest of the
time it hangs during loading but that at least is an offical bug that is being
worked on and I can live with the current work around.

tks