Binding passes a reference to the object that you are binding. groupName
requires a string. You were passing a reference to the radioButton group object
to the groupName property. Of course, Flex saw that and invoked the toString()
method of the radioButton group object to pass a string to the radioButton
object. In effect, both radioButton groups got the same empty string and
thought they were all in the same group.