Could this have something to do with the fact that 0 coerced to a Boolean is
false and '0' is true, whereas both 1 and '1' are true?

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Gregory Kelley
Sent: Thu 3/19/2009 9:32 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] httpservice formatted as Object 0 = "0" but 1 = 1

I have the following line in the xml returned from the call.

<rsp stat="ok">
<type>Partner</type>
<object inv_text_end_dt="" is_comm_paid="0" override_type_id="" />
</rsp>

When I reference event.result.rsp.is_comm_paid the result is "0"

Now if I pull a record where the value is 1 then the xml looks like
<rsp stat="ok">
<type>Partner</type>
<object inv_text_end_dt="" is_comm_paid="1" override_type_id="" />
</rsp>

When I reference event.result.rsp.is_comm_paid the result is 1

Anyone see this before?

If I need to create a sample I can but it would be late next week, For
now I cast it as int then let it get coerced into a boolean.

Thanks,
Greg