Ok, after some more debuging testing, this is the situation:

IE will correctly load and play an mp3 (without an ID3 handler) only if
crossdomain.xml is missing.

If crossdomain is there but does not explicitly allow all - or it does not
contain the new player 10 tags exception is thrown...

Should I fill a bug?

Alex?

--
Fotis Chatzinikos, Ph.D.