Thanks for your reply steven. Let me tell my case. I am checking a
subdomain on the .NET side and if the subdomain is not available .net
throws a DomainNotAvailable event with a error code. Now in flash if
the error code is DomainNotAvailable then I show the user some status
text on the view. The code that determinates either to show the user a
regular exception or a subdomain not available exception, where would
this code be? For example in the flexshop example in the cairgorm
example you have some methods on the viewhelper that notify the user
of the error. In my case I need to do some logic to know what error to
show the user.

Omar Ramos
System Developer
Nobox Marketing Group, Inc.

On 8/10/05, Steven Webster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Omar,
>
> ViewHelper should have *nothing* to do with handling faults.  You will have
> to decide how you choose to pass exceptions back from J2EE to Flex; you can
> catch those either in the onResult() or onFault() methods of your command
> classes, and handle accordingly.
>
> Note that you will not (typically) be throwing exceptions on the Java side
> and catching them on the client side.  Rather, if something happens in your
> server-side POJO/delegate/whatever that you can't handle, and need to defer
> to the client to handle, you will need to conceive a mechanism for passing
> status between the server and client.
>
> I'd anticipate you doing this in the onResult() of a command, rather than
> onFault().
>
> But remember - ViewHelpers should only be used to prepare and massage the
> model for rendering to the view.  ViewHelpers are *not* catch all places for
> any business logic that doesn't obviously fit in controller/command/delegate
> or service locator !!!
>
> Best,
>
> Steven
>

> --
> Steven Webster
> Technical Director
> iteration::two
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Office:  +44 (0)131 338 6108
> Mobile: +44 (0)7977 216 223
>
> This e-mail and any associated attachments transmitted with it may contain
> confidential information and must not be copied, or disclosed, or used by
> anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
> recipient(s) please destroy this e-mail, and any copies of it, immediately.
>
> Please also note that while software systems have been used to try to ensure
> that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, iteration::two do not accept
> responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses
> transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried out
> before any attachments are opened.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hske10i/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123710185/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>