Kim,

Just curious, when you are creating the popup, what are you using as the first param to the createPopUp method?  This is what defines the parent of the window being created.  If you are passing application or _root, you may run into some of these focusing issues.  Try passing “this” as the first parameter to the createPopUp method (this being the first TitleWindow).  I.E.  createPopUp( this, MyPopUpWindow.mxml, true ).  I am not sure if that is the exact syntax, but this should give you enough of an idea.

What this does is actually make the second TitleWindow a Modal window of the first TitleWindow, not a second modal window to the application.  I have also had this problem before and that seem to fix me.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kim Reddington
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:58 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Changing a modal popup to non-modal

I have a TitleWindow that pops up a second TitleWindow.  Both are modal.  I want the user to be able to tab through the fields in the second window. The tab works fine, if the 1st window is non-modal, but if the first window is modal, then the tab brings the user back to the first window instead of staying in the second window.

Is there a way to get the tabs to work properly while still keeping both windows modal?

If not, then is there a way to make the first window NON-modal before popping up the second window

for example,

function openSecondPopUp() {

    this.modal = false;               //obviously I made up this code and am looking for the real code to put here

    var secondPopUp = .....

}

Thank you for your help,

Kim