Craig,

This sounds like it's actually the result of a *fix* that's in the new
player. If an object's _alpha is set to zero, it shouldn't be
displayed at all - however, there were some issues with rendering
device text with alpha, which is due to the limited font information
the host platform passes back. However, as I understand it, the flash
8 player has much improved font rendering capabilities.

So on a player level, this is expected behavior - it's just one of
those unfortunate cases where a bug becomes a fact of life, and fixing
it ends up causing problems. I'd say - design for the new player.

HTH,
Alias

On 7/14/05, Craig Newroth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> okay, maybe i did not make my self clear...when I was using Flash PLayer 7
> and set the property 'alpha' to zero, then not only could I NOT see the bar
> (which is what I wanted) but i COULD STILL see the text in the control. Now
> in Flah Player 8, if i set the SAME property (alpha) in the SAME control to
> zero not only can I NOT see the BAR in the control, but the text is
> invisible now also...
> If i set the property to "1" then I cannot see the bar, but CAN still see
> the text of the 'LinkBar" tag...
>

> PR Muruganandh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>

> In FP7[IE] & FP8[FireFox]
>

> The following code works the same way
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
>
> <mx:Link label="Anand" textRollOverColor="#0099CC" alpha="0"/>
> </mx:Application>
>

> If I change alpha="100", then also FP7[IE] & FP8[FireFox] works similar!
>

> Might be some problem with this
>
> mouseOver="triggerShowEffectNeedReports()" !
>

> - anand

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hvqknrd/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123778340/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>