hmm, that's tasty.  thanks Adam.  This alternates row colours in a
grid, I need to alternate cell colours in a single row.  A little mod
of the below yields this function which I can call in the Grid
initialise event.

function initRowHeaders()       {
                        for(var i:Number = 0; i < headerRow.numChildren; i++)
{

headerRow.getChildAt(i).setStyle('backgroundColor', i % 2
== 0 ? 'red' : 'blue');

DK

On 8/10/05, Adam Cath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Douglas,
>
> You can set the style in an event handler, like so:
>
> <mx:Grid>
>   <mx:Repeater id="r">
>     <mx:GridRow id="row"
>                 initialize="row[r.currentIndex]
>                             .setStyle('backgroundColor',
>                                       r.currentIndex % 2 == 0
>                                         ? 0xFFFFFF
>                                         : 0xDDDDDD)">
>       <mx:GridItem>
>       </mx:GridItem>
>     </mx:GridRow>
>   </mx:Repeater>
> </mx:Grid>
>
> Enjoy,
> Adam

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it?

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hr389jk/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123781161/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>