Hi Jason

Sorry I don't have access to the full thread at the moment so pardon me if most
of my suggestions have already been tried or are irrelevant.

You would need to run the adobe uninstaller for the Flash plugin and then run
the appropriate installer for the debug player installer (not the web
installer). Though I've been successful in running just the debug installer and
having it overwrite previous installs but I like cleanliness of doing an
uninstall first.

For FB3 you also need to make sure that you have I believe FB 3.0.2 in order to
use FP 10 Debug player properly. Less then that and I was getting a ton
warnings about not having the debug player. I still occasionally getting FB 3
reporting back that I don't have a debug player and then totally crashing the
browser it launched - up to 2 or 3 times a day (Windows IE7, FP 10,0,22,87
Debug player - FB 3.0.2). Not sure if it will update to 3.0.2 by using the Help
-> Search for Flex Builder Updates which invokes the adobe updates system that
updates all adobe software (which I find very annoying) or whether you have to
download a separate updater from Adobe.

Flash and I believe Flex Builder also include a folder that contains the both
the debug and release players so that you have both binaries available. But I
can't say that they aren't always in synch with the latest debug players that
you can find on Adobe's site if you search for the latest debug players.

Sincerely
Mark R. Jonkman