I have the same problem as Merrill Jason's in the Flex Builder 3.0.2.
I uninstall flashplayer(version 10), then install flashplayer version 9(I
want to  test project bug in this version),
then uninstall flashplayer(version 9), last I install flashplayer(version
10).
All the flashplayer is debug version.
When I go to debug app in Flexbuilder, it says the same error too.

--
Live Technology in A.J.