From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of JérémyR
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:55 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Focus on itemRenderer sub-components in a non
editable list

Hi Alex!

Thanks a lot for your answer.
You point me in the right direction; I persisted trying to accomplish it
with editable set to false because I didn’t want anything to be editable…
But this can be done even with editable set to true.
I do exactly what you explain on you article "
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/item_renderers/ DataGrid ItemEditor with Two
Input Fields ", i.e: adding a listener on KEY_FOCUS_CHANGE and overriding
setFocus() to manually handle focus logic. And it works fine! Except for
some little things…

Maybe you can help me on these points:

1) if I focus the List with the keyboard with TAB key, it works fine, the
item is selected, the first button has focus and focus is displayed. But if
I click on the List, the first button has focus (I can “see” it by pressing
SPACE) but the focus is not displayed (no border around the button). The
weird thing is if I continue to tab, the next button gains focus, still
without display, then when the third one gains focus, the focus starts to be
displayed! So the question is why? And is there any way to force the focus
display?

2) I control the focus manually to switch focus from button to the
next/previous one but the focus stays on the same list item. I wonder if I
can switch to the next/previous item in the list (as it is naturally? done
in your DataGrid example)? The only way I found to change selected item with
keyboard is ENTER / SHIFT+ENTER but when a bound is reached it doesn’t roll
(when last item is selected, next ENTER doesn’t select the first item).
So there 3 questions in one:
a. How to change selected item with TAB?
b. Is ENTER / SHIFT+ENTER a standard keyboard (in "Accessibility" domain)
access to change selected item in a list?
c. Is there a way to roll over item when a bound is reached?

Thanks for your help!