From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Ryan Graham
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:02 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Microphone soundTransform and SPEEX codec bug

Hi All,

Can anyone else confirm the following bug? When using a SoundTransform
to set the Microphone volume to 0 (to avoid feedback), you get the
expected silent behavior with the default Nellymoser codec, while still
seeing microphone activity. If you switch the Microphone's codec to
SPEEX, the soundTransform volume setting of 0 is ignored. I tried sdks
3.2 and 3.3, and players 10.0.12.36 and 10.0.22.87.  If there's already
a JIRA bug, I'd like to vote for it, otherwise I'll create one.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" creationComplete="init()">

                <mx:Script>

                                <![CDATA[

                                                private var
_mic:Microphone = Microphone.getMicrophone();

                                                private function
init():void

                                                {

addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame);

_mic.setLoopBack(true);

_mic.soundTransform = new SoundTransform(0, 0);

_mic.codec = SoundCodec.SPEEX;

                                                }

                                                private function
onEnterFrame(event:Event):void

                                                {

micActivity.text = _mic.activityLevel.toString();

                                                }

                                ]]>

                </mx:Script>

                <mx:Label id="micActivity"/>

</mx:Application>

Thanks,

Ryan

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.