Here's what I tried, but it doesn't work:

var hAxis:DateTimeAxis = new DateTimeAxis();
                hAxis.displayLocalTime = true;);
                                                hAxis.labelUnits = "hours"
hAxis.dataInterval = 1;
                                                hAxis.minorTickUnits = "hours";
                                                hAxis.minorTickInterval = 1;

                                            var ar:AxisRenderer = new
AxisRenderer();
                                            ar.axis = hAxis;
                                            ar.setStyle("canDropLabels",
"true");
                                            ar.setStyle("minorTickPlacement",
"cross");

genericChart.horizontalAxisRenderers = [ar];
                                            genericChart.horizontalAxis = hAxis;