There is a know bug in flex 3 with embedded fonts where they display one pixel
higher. This make button labels and other things look off center. As far as I
have seen this affects all embedded fonts and is due to the way they are anti
aliased. There are a couple work arounds out on the web some involve changing
the measure code, or simply moving the text component down by 1 pixel. But this
happens in the compiled swf not just inside of Flex builder.