  From: ag_rcuren
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 8:40 AM
  Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex Builder vs Embedded Fonts - Partially solved

    There is a know bug in flex 3 with embedded fonts where they display one
pixel higher. This make button labels and other things look off center. As far
as I have seen this affects all embedded fonts and is due to the way they are
anti aliased. There are a couple work arounds out on the web some involve
changing the measure code, or simply moving the text component down by 1 pixel.
But this happens in the compiled swf not just inside of Flex builder.

  --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Warren" <warrenony...@...> wrote:

  > OK -- after some digging I think I know what's going on. I'm embedding
Verdana font. I'm thinking the issue is that the vertical spacing in the font
is different than the default font Flex Builder is using. As a result, the
measurement routine is off.

  > This feels like a bug to me -- I'll be checking the Adobe bug system next.
The only way I can figure out how to fix this is to embed exactly the same font
that Builder is using by default.

  > Can anyone tell me how to determine this?

the CSS code (see below) to embed the fonts and make them global. Worked great
except Builder went nuts. The Builder display doesn't look like the website.
Elements are shifted about, text doesn't line up properly (for example, radio
button text doesn't center on the radio icon), etc. It's a mess. I am using
Builder version 3.0.2.214193

  > So I have two questions:
  >
  > 1) If I create a swf of the fonts and embed it in flex using the swf, will
Builder prefer this?

  > 2) What is the default font for Flex or how do I determine what it is in my
install? If I knew that, I could embed it and hope that Builder would stop
messing up.

  > 3) What Am I Doing Wrong?
  >
  > Warren Koch
  >
  > /* CSS file */