fred44455 wrote:
> However I am a little confused. when I go to Flex 3.3 Language Reference , I
> see a mix of Flash and Flex(<mx:) packages. Is that mean that I can use the
> Flash packages listed in the Language Reference to develop with Flex 3? Thanks

You will probably end up using a mixture of the two languages.
The Flex bits will help you get the screen assets together, the look and
feel of it. This higher level Flex code, written in mxml (like xml),
enables you to quickly get screen layout organised. This mxml also gives
you extra services to call on, compared to AS3.

The AS3 bits will add extra code to support what you do with the screen
assets -boxes, etc. The AS3 code you use in Flash works in the same way
in Flex, which uses a mixture of the two languages.

Personally, all my projects look like Flash applications, written as
ActionScript projects in Flex. I prefer Flex for coding. Eventually, I
may use some Flex code, supported by AS3 to write some different types
of applications.

You will get more done with Flex but I think you will need AS3 eventually.

I would learn both.
Think of it as two tracks that merge or separate as the needs change.

John