Hi Jason,

Here's a handy little trick that can help you out in these type of
situations. In the itemRenderer that contains the trash can button:

import mx.controls.List;

private var list : List;

override public function set data(value:Object):void
{
      super.data = value;

      list = owner as List;
}

override protected function updateDisplayList( w:Number, h:Number ):void
{
      super.updateDisplayList( w, h );

      myTrashCanButton.visible = list.isItemHighlighted(data);
}

-TH

recently downloaded the air app Pixus - http://code.google.com/p/pixus/

> If you open the preferences window and hover over a datagrid row, a
trashcan becomes visible so you can delete the row you are hovering
over. It then hides when you rollout of the row. This is on rollover of
any column in the row. I have a itemRenderer to show my delete button
and I can show/hide it on rollover of it's own column. What I cannot
figure out is how to show/hide the button in the itemRenderer column
when I rollover another column in the same row. I can't seem to figure
out how to get the row object, only the row index. Has anyone done this
in flex?