I just wanted to add an update for those who may face the same problem.

We use prototype js framework and timers in many places; both have security
violations with Adobe AIR, here is a list of security restrictions:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappshtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7f0e.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7eff

and a list of supported frameworks can be found here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tools/ajax/community/

I'm working on it. I think there might be a way to run the site inside a
sandbox so that it will not be able to reach desktop resources but will be
able to use full js force. Anybody has an experience on how to do this ?

yigit