From: Julian Alexander <wb...@ymail.com>
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Syntax Question
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 10:53 PM

      You can't access the value from the column name - getting the selected
value will give you the entire row that the datagrid is displaying from which
you can get the value you're looking for.  In other words, if you have an
XMLList as your dataProvider, you can do something like:

var myValue:XML = dataGrid.selectedIt em as XML;
var myName:String = myval...@name.

Make sense?

-Julian