From: Dan Pride <danielpr...@yahoo.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, November 21, 2009 7:42:28 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Syntax Question

Julian... Apparently you are wrong?

When I do it with an untyped var I get an object with an XMLList for each grid
column
   var squat = dataGrid.selectedIt em;

This
var myValue:XML = dataGrid.selectedIt em as XML;
returns null for myValue

Why is it such Rocket Science to get the first value in a column?
Very frustrating for something that should be so simple.

Thanks for the help
Dan