I want to find out how I would change the the text color on a menubar
once one of its submenu items is selected. I know this can not be
done using any of the style attributes on the menubar. I am trying to
use the setStyle method. The problem I am having is that it's
changing the text color of the whole menu bar and not just the one it
needs to. Does any one know how accomplish this. Thanks

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>

  <mx:Script>

    function changecolor()
        {
        var whatcolor = menubar.getStyle("color")
        menubar.setStyle("color","0xff0000");
        alert(whatcolor)
        }

  </mx:Script>

  <mx:Panel id="panel" title="Menu Bar Panel" height="35%"
width="30%">
    <mx:MenuBar id="menubar"
      change="this[event.menuItem.attributes.action]()" >
      <mx:dataProvider>
        <mx:XML >
          <menuitem label="MenuItem A">
            <menuitem label="SubMenuItem 1-A" action="changecolor" />
            <menuitem label="SubMenuItem 2-A" action="changecolor" />
          </menuitem>
                  <menuitem label="MenuItem b">
            <menuitem label="SubMenuItem 1-b" action="changecolor" />
            <menuitem label="SubMenuItem 2-b" action="changecolor" />
          </menuitem>
        </mx:XML>
      </mx:dataProvider>
    </mx:MenuBar>