To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
From: n...@middleweek.co.uk
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:05:46 +0000
Subject: [flexcoders] Using Cairngorm and how to display a Popup from a Command

      Hi,

If there's a preferred place to ask this, please let me know but I'm working on
my first Cairngorm project and am getting used to how it all works which is
great. I have a command that is fired after an event is notified that data is
received from a Web Service. If there is a Fault or Error I want to show a
custom Popup Component.

My question is how do others deal with this? If I use PopupManager.add or
create PopUp I need to pass in the parent : DisplayObject... What is best
practice to reference the parent ?

Would you create a reference on the model.rootApplication = this; and set that
on the initialise event and pass that reference in or perhaps you would use
ChangeWatcher to listen for changes on a model error property which woudl fire
the Action Script on the mediator to create the PopUp...

What is the best/ nicest/ standard approach to handling this?

Thanks for your help...

Nick