Nice post and thanks for replying...

I understand your first solution, I think it's similar to a ChangeWatcher
approach... but I'm a bit lost with the 2nd approach...

In my circumstance, I have a button in my view that fires a Flash CLICK
event, the view-mediator Handles it and fires a CairngormEvent, which
invokes a CairngormCommand to call a Web Service to fetch some data. The
data is loaded asynchronously and passed into a new CairngormEvent which
then fires a CairngormCommand, this Command unpacks the data and if it's all
gravy, it will update the model and the fetched data is displayed on the
current View. If the data contains Fault event info then I need to show a
custom PopUp component...

I think, you're 2nd solution is storing a private or public function from
inside the View on the CairngormEvent that is fired to reference it later...
If I've got that right, then I have the problem of getting that function
reference over into the 2nd CairngormEvent, which isn't created and fired
until the Web Service responder is called... Which I believe is completely
detached from the original CairngormEvent/ Command.

I guess I could put the function ref on the model as a central repository
but I could also just stick a reference to the View on the model and use
that reference in the CairngormCommand and call PopUpManager.createPopup...

What are your thoughts cause I'm a bit lost :)

Cheers,
nick