Writing a custom row renderer is pretty hard in Flex 1.5, it’s something we’re hoping to improve in the next version.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of P Trisnadi
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:30 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] RowRenderer for DataGrid: is this possible?

Is it possible to have multiple lines in a DataGrid row, possibly using RowRenderer? I have no problem creating various CellRenderers and HeaderRenderers, but RowRenderer seems to be a different beast. Unfortunately, livedocs.macromedia.com is not very helpful in finding documentation on this...

Basically I have a DataGrid now, and I want to extend each row to contain additional row of free text:

Header1  |  Header2  |  Header3
  Cell1A    |  Cell 2A    |  Cell3A
  RowA is for Cell1A, 2A, and 3A
  Cell1B    |  Cell 2B    |  Cell3B