I think your best bet is going to be to extend the NumericStepper, add some
properties for disabling / enabling the buttons as appropriate.

 If you're interested in hiring someone to help, I'd be more than happy to
discuss and contact me off list.

--
Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur
Adobe Community Expert: http://tinyurl.com/684b5h