Jeff,

Back in the days (about 2 years ago) we (Midnight Coders) approached Adobe with
an idea to create a data management implementation similar to the one in LCDS
in our .NET product. What we heard back was a big storm of very loud NO-NOs -
"you guys cannot do that, it will be against our license agreement. There's NO
way your customers can use fds.swc in conjuction with WebORB for .NET". We had
no choice but to create an alternative Data Management implementation and in
result fragment the market.

I do not think it it just Adobe's lawyers, this goes all the way to the product
management team and there's very good reason (from their perspective) why that
licensing term is there....

Really wishing Adobe would be more open minded..

Cheers,
Mark