Hi everyone,

I'm very new to AS3/Flex. I started to work in a bigger AS3/Flex project and
after some work done in pure AS3 with a lot of Shape, SimpleButton and Sprite
classes use, it turned out the main visual part is being written as a subclass
of mx.containers.Canvas. I can't just addChild my stuff to that Canvas.

Is it some kind of restriction that you can't addChild any flash.display.*
class into the mx.containers.* classes?

If that it true, what about efficiency of mx.* packages. As far as I know Shape
and SimpleButton are the most efficient way to handle vector and interactive
vector stuff. What about mx.* classes? Should I use Canvas and Button instead
or what?

Thanks for any help!!

trace("Best from Poland");
trzewiczek