I wish I could help more... well here's another guess:
- if you are using XML / XMLList, and have used insertBefore / isertAfter
from the same XML / XMLList, then it is a known bug.
- if you dispatch "collectionChange" on your own you might have messed
something in the event's properties, which then will make the collection run
in a loop thinking it's being updated over and over again. It is slow, but
it isn't that slow to run out of script timeout limit :)
Anyways, bindings are the first suspect in such case, but if that's not...
ah, and, why won't you debug it? the debugger should be able to look into
the framework sources. If, for whatever reason it doesn't, copy the Tree and
other classes involved into your project and try debugging this way.

Best.

Oleg