I'm developing an application using Flash Builder 4 and have encountered two
issues:

1) If I turn on -keep-generated-actionscript=true, the generated ActionScript
results in errors. The errors appear to stem from a strange placement of the
generated folder: it's putting it in src/, not in bin/ as the documentation
states. The errors I get are:

Description     Resource        Path    Location        Type
1068: Unable to open included file: /Users/rickgenter/Documents/Adobe Flash
Builder 4/GM/src/GM.mxml:7,41.      GM-interface.as /GM/src/generated
line 55 Flex Problem
A file found in a source-path 'GM-generated' must have the same name as the
class definition inside the file 'GM'.      GM-generated.as /GM/src/generated
    Unknown Flex Problem
A file found in a source-path must have the same package structure 'generated',
as the definition's package, ''.        GM-generated.as /GM/src/generated
Unknown Flex Problem

I really don't get the first error, since the .mxml file *is* at that location.

If I turn off -keep-generated-actionscript=true, the errors go away and the
application works fine.

2) I have several ActionScript classes that are part of the application but are
not directly referenced in the code. They are instantiated using
getDefinitionByName(). The pattern is:

var classReference:Class =
getDefinitionByName("my.fully.qualified.DerivedClass") as Class;
var newInstance:BaseClass = new classReference() as BaseClass;

where my.fully.qualified.DerivedClass extends BaseClass. The issue is that
Flash Builder performs no error checking on any of the DerivedClass files in
the project. I have to have a direct reference to the class before it will be
checked.

Any suggestions on how to address either of these? I've used Google to search
for ideas but have so far turned up nothing.
--
Rick Genter
rick.gen...@gmail.com