I have an itemRenderer:

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="" dataField="remove" width="20">
    <mx:itemRenderer>
        <fx:Component>
            <mx:Image source="assets/Remove-32.png" height="20" width="20"
useHandCursor="true" buttonMode="true" click="trace (parentDocument);
parentDocument.removeItem()"/>
        </fx:Component>
    </mx:itemRenderer>

When I first load the state where the DataGrid is, add items to the grid,
remove items from the grid, etc., the trace returns the root application
(My_Site). When I subsequently change states and then back to the state where
the DataGrid is located, the trace returns the container:

My_Site.ApplicationSkin2._ApplicationSkin_Group1.contentGroup._My_Site_SkinnableContainer1.mainContainer6

This causes an error, so the question is, how do I call the function regardless.