That's what I'd like to do. So I added an event listener to the application
preinitialized event like so:

<s:Application preinitialize="myHandler()" />

the problem is, in my application it takes a while to get to that event. so
that's why I'm trying to find another event that happens sooner than that.
it would be great to have systemManager, fontManager, resourceManager and
styleManager creationComplete events so I can see what's taking so long in
addition to redirecting if I need to.

JP