Actually, it's likely that you're getting an AppendToGatewayUrl AMF
Response Header from the server because it detected that while a session
was created during the request, the client didn't inform the server
whether it could accept cookies.

This AMF Response Header is trying to tell the client NetConnection to
decorate its connection URL with some extra info, for example a
jsessionid for Java or a cfid/cftoken for ColdFusion.

You may then be using IIS... In which case it may be barfing on the
semi-colon in something like the jsessionid token, irrespective of
whether you have a ;.

http://cfxtest.research.unc.edu/flashservices/gateway/;jessionid=XYZ123A
BC

I believe CF released a hot fix for this issue, but the work around is
easy... Just add a ? To the gateway URL (or "endpoint" in flex speak) so
that the session information won't annoy IIS.

endpoint="http://cfxtest.research.unc.edu/flashservices/gateway?";

Pete