Out of curiosity, what is it that Flex would provide you with that you couldn't use Flash to achieve?  I mean, in your particular case?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anupam
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex Server Alternatives

My issue is with the deployment cost. So the only alternative for small-time Web application
developers is to have their own servers for deployment.
I am surprised that not many people are talking about it. It seems people are happy with the
status-quo, ie. paying huge amounts to MM.
I am also disappointed that there aren't many more 3rd party providers of Flex servers.

Anupam.