I just noticed you didn’t specify an id=”FABridge” in your <fx:Declarations>

What was the equivalent statement in Flex 3?

On 8/26/10 10:45 AM, "Brian J. Ackermann" <brian.ackerm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>From my testing, I believe the problem is on the JS side of thing, and that
>the FABridge doesn't 'live' in the same location in the DOM in flex4, as
>compared with flex3.

But we're both reasonably novice flex developers, so we could be
mis-interpreting what we're seeing.  In another version of the project, I have
added some debugging to a text area on screen, and "this.parent.FABridge" and
"parent.FABridge" and "FABridge" all return 'undefined'.  Since that used to
work just fine in flex3, it seems like maybe I just need to find the new 'path'
in the DOM....

for example:

this.parent.foo.bar.blah.FABridge

Thanks,