On 17/08/2011 11:41, Dave Cates wrote:

Hey,

Am I missing something or does this page not provide what you need? (a Coldfusion 8 license?)

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/coldfusion8/buy/

Looks like there isn't a problem after all.

Dave.

On 17 Aug 2011, at 10:52, Paul Andrews wrote:

On 17/08/2011 10:37, Brendan Meutzner wrote:

Paul,

Thanks for the response. As far as having many licenses involved, yes, potentially. However, we're just beginning the sales process, and right now wouldn't be able to buy a chunk of licenses... it's really a situation when we sell the software, we need a license.

I did actually speak to enterprise licensing, and didn't get much help there either. They actually pointed me towards outside sales partners, to which I've gotten no response.

That's a pity. Seems a little short-sighted of Adobe - I guess they're making enough as it is. I think many companies would take into account your situation and see it as a route towards future upgrades. The reverse side of the coin, I guess, is the product lifetime. There is an expectation of ongoing support when a product is bought so I guess in the bigger picture, that involves a cost to adobe by not being able to retire product for support quite so soon in the future.

All pointless speculation on my part. Pity there's not a reseller with old boxed product on the shelves.

Brendan