Alex,

Just checking/ thinking... But if I go down the visibility route and
addChild( x ) up front in createChildren() would I be consuming more initial
memory than if I addChild( x ) as and when I needed it?

In my case, I have 15 columns, using the same renderer and 40 rows so that's
600 extra buttons that would be created that are initially set visible =
false;

I'm assuming they are all in memory and when scrolling, this could impact
scroll performance.

Or is adding/ removing children dynamically and making each Item Renderer go
through it's update cycle more expensive?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent by Nick Middleweek ( { email: n...@middleweek.co.uk, mobile: +44(0)774