On 30 Nov 2011, at 19:20, brandyvsmonica wrote:

> Unfortunately, my solution was to port this section of our app to HTML.

Thanks for the reply - sorry you had to abandon.

After trying everything I could think of with the font I was using, I tried
using Helvetica Neue Medium and Bold like you, but found that they worked ok
for me. Concluding therefore that it isn't simply the face that's incompatible.
So I started to suspect my font files (and by implication, yours), despite in
my case:
* font file was .otf
* font worked ok in Flash IDE prior to publishing, and in other apps
* Font doctor didn't find any fault in the file
* flash would transcode the font fine for classic text objects and they'd look
correct when published
* transcoding would not report any problems when transcoding for TLF CFF
But... visually it would render incorrectly when transcoded for TLF CFF with
especially with fontSize less than 28 - characters slightly smaller and or
baseline shifted.

In the end I purchased fresh TrueType versions from MyFonts and they render
correctly when transcoded for TLF CFF.