To not allow existing SWFs to play where they currently play would “break the
web” and Adobe has no interest in doing that.

The next generation of AS is supposed to be easy to migrate to if you just want
to get your code to run, but there is a chance that to fully leverage the
performance benefits of the new language you will have to learn some new
constructs and refactor existing code.

FlashBuilder will definitely be the IDE for developing applications for the new
VM and new AS.

On 12/21/12 10:41 AM, "John McCormack" <j...@easypeasy.co.uk> wrote:

Brilliant.
 Thank you.

 I am pleased that existing SWF's will run in an embedded VM in the new player.

 Do you think the next-generation of ActionScript will be similar enough to
make migration easy?
 and
 Is FlashBuilder likely to be the IDE that creates code for the new VM?

 John