Think i replyed to the wrong addy since it hasn't shown up in the
list.

Is there some code somewhere I can look at that specificaly is
redering the date.  I have messed around and can get a datefield box
to show, but I don't need to have it edit, I just need to display the
date mm/dd/yyyy.  I have also written my own mxml and still nogo.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jim Laing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In Flex 2, the cell render API is totally different. For one thing,
> setValue() is no longer used. For another thing, a cell render is
> passed a "dataObject" (or something like that) value, which contains
> the data to be rendered. All of the examples I've seen thus far are
> straight MXML, and most are rendered inline, so you might want to
try
> heading in that direction.
>
> Jim
>
> On 10/21/05, Greg Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok, for flex 1.5 I had downloaded a nice AS file that would render
> > dates in cells for me.  However dispite me updateing it to work in
> > Flex 2 it doesn't.  Any ideas what I missed?
> >

> > /*
> >  * DateFormatCellRenderer is a simple Label-based cell renderer
that
> > displays
> >  * its item content in a known date format.
> >  */
> > package {
> > import mx.formatters.DateFormatter;
> > import mx.controls.Label;
> > class DateFormatCellRenderer extends Label
> > {
> >         var getDataLabel:Function;
> >         static var dateFmt:DateFormatter;
> >
> >         private function init() : Void
> >         {
> >                 // instantiate the 1 and only date formatter (more
> > efficient than
> >                 // have a date formatter for every instance of the
> > cell renderer).
> >                 if( dateFmt == null ) {
> >                         dateFmt = new DateFormatter();
> >                         dateFmt.formatString = "MM/DD/YYYY";
> >                 }
> >                 super.initialize();
> >         }
> >
> >         private function setValue(str:String, item:Object,
> > sel:Boolean):Void
> >         {
> >                 if( item != null ) {
> >                         // format the date value in the cell