> Flash 8 generated SWC will not work together with Flex 1.5,
> only Flash 7.

I suspect the problem is that Flash 8 has moved to always using the
latest and greatest SWF tags for shapes and fonts and whatnot whenever
you publish in FP8 format.  The Flex 1.5 SWF parser can't understand
these extended tags, and ignores them (or on a bad day,
fallsdowngoesboom).

In theory, you should be able to publish SWCs in FP7 format.  I've never
tried this, though.

Trying to get all the products in sync with new features is somewhat
like building a house by simultaneously having different construction
companies building each room off-site and then assembling them all at
once on top of a foundation that has been having its shape slightly
changed every week due to continual design changes.  :-)

-rg

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM