Exactly; if you aren't going to use strict datatyping, why use Flash Player
8.5?  Because it has Socket?  No, not just that, because it's fast as nuts
if you follow the strict datatyping rules!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:14 PM
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: Start Project with Flex 1.5 or Flex 2.0

Waddya mean by "not fly"? Leaving off type annotations is legal AS3, but
it isn't recommended for serious apps. Without them the compiler can't
help you find a lot of programming mistakes, and your app will run
slower because all properties and methods have to be looked up in hash
tables on dynamic Objects.

- Gordon