Policy files are also applicable to socket connections afaik

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ralf Rottmann
Sent: 01 December 2005 15:02
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Cross Server Socket Connection (NOT XMLSocket)

Hi there,

Is there any known way of allowing a flex/flash movie to establish socket connects cross server?

E.g.: If I want to create a simple telnet client, host it on my private web page and want that telnet flash movie to connect to whatever server out there. Obviously policy files do not work as socket does not attempt an HTTP connect.

Regards

Ralf Rottmann