--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "colinblackmore"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a flex application that works perfectly when deployed under
> http.  However, when I attempt to connect via https none of the
> HTTPService calls return successfully.
>
> The odd thing is that this only occurs when using https on Internet
> Explorer (6.0).  Both Firefox (1.5) and Opera (8.51) work fine
under
> both http and https.
>
> Some additional information:
>
> - The fault code from the HTTPService is:
>          fault: (Object)
>           faultcode: Client.Disconnected (String)
>           faultstring: Could not retrieve data. (String)
> - I am *not* using the flex proxy.
> - Calling the HTTPService URL directly from the browser works
fine.
> It's only when flex attempts to call it from the client.
> - Tomcat 5.5 is the web-server.
> - I added the following crossdomain.xml to both the server root and
> the context root (to no avail).
>
> <cross-domain-policy>
>       <allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />
> </cross-domain-policy>
>
> Again, this is only an issue with IE.  Anyone out there
successfully
> serving a flex app to IE over https?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> ...Col

In our flex-config.xml file we've had to change this line in the
HTTP-service-Proxy area:

        <https-url>{context.root}/flashproxy</https-url>

to:
        <https-url>HTTPS://(fully qualified domain)/(context root
directory)/flashproxy</https-url>

For some reason, our system doesn't like {context-root} for https
calls.

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM