Excellent.  In META-INF, you will need a context.xml file that looks
like this.  This instructs Tomcat to use the FormAuthenticator value and
turns off proxy caching. This will fix the problem of the header being
sent to IE which it cannot handle. If you don't have a META-INF
directory, just create it in the root of your web app right next to
WEB-INF.  You will need to reload your web application or restart
Tomcat.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="">
        <Valve

className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
                disableProxyCaching="false" />

        <WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>
        <WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>
        <WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>
</Context>

Carson

Carson Hager
Cynergy Systems, Inc.