--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Wolf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thaks Dave,

I mucked around that flex-config.mxml file.

I wound up setting the location for the external-proxy.  I pointed it
towards on of my companies proxy servers.

That seemed to do the trick.

I did a number of other things which may have helped (or hurt, but
I'll probably discover 'how' later)

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Marty

> There  is a file in your installation called flex-config.xml  which
> includes some initial configurations you will need to setup to get
> past this issue.
>
> By default Flex controls send their data access requests through a
> proxy that runs on the server.  That proxy also by default only will
> allow clients to connect if they are listed in a "whitelist"
> configured in that file.
>
> The other fix (dependant on the data acess service and topology) is
> that you could simply bypass the proxy.  In many cases it is simply
> overhead.
>
> --
> Dave Wolf
> Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> Macromedia Flex Alliance Partner
> http://www.cynergysystems.com
>
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Office: 866-CYNERGY
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "martinator" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I picked up the book by Steven Webster and Alistar
> > McLeod, "Developing Rich Clients With Macromedia FLEX".  I
downloaded
> > the source
> > code, [http://www.iterationtwo.com/flexbook/source.html], off of
> > their site.
> >
> > I try running the 'BlogReader.mxml' example from Chapter 2 and I
> > cannot get it to work.  When I click on just
> > about anything that tries to get external data I get:

> > Error
> >
> > HTTPService Fault:
> > java.lang.RuntimeException: Your are not allowed to access the
URL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM