I can’t imagine it will work, Central is not going to be running 8.5…

You will be able to work with local data if the SWF is local and is compiled to not try to access the network (see the usenetwork compilation option).  The security sandbox does not allow a SWF to work with local data and talk to the network unless it has been specifically trusted.  Trusting a SWF is configured via the settings manager which I think you can access in the right-click menu.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clint Modien
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Local data access in Flex

Can anyone from Macromedia comment on the integration of flex 2.0 with Central?  Is it better?

On 12/14/05, Nick Weekes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I found something that might shed some light on this, part of Stephen Webster's MAX2005 presentation, specifically "Offline RIA with Central".

Did his Breeze presentations make it into the public domain yet?